Stretching in the park in Organic Yoga Clothing
Summer is here and its time to get out and explore. Here are a few of our favourite things to do in Victoria, BC.
1) Find a friend or a significant other, pack a picnic lunch, and take them to Beacon Hill! This time of year is great with the fresh blossoms popping up on the trees and the adorable newly born kids in the petting zoo it’s a photographer’s dream environment. Don’t forget to leave a little bit of bread to feed the ducks after your picnic!
2) Get swept away by the Breakwater! Bring a jacket and a kite to the Breakwater and see if you can get yours to be the highest in the sky. Afterwords take a walk out to the lighthouse and enjoy the sound of the waves crashing against the side.
3) Check out the Royal BC Museum! Whether you’ve been there a million times or you’ve never been it’s a great place to spend an afternoon. From now until October they’re featuring a display on Emily Carr’s work. Join a tour and learn some history about an amazing local woman that really understood her environment.
4) Be a kid again! Break out your sidewalk chalk and draw up a masterpiece on your driveway or street and allow others to bask in its beauty. Not an artistic type? Go to your local park and play on the swings and feel free as a kid again!
5) Gain some history! Take a stroll thru the Rossbay Cemetery and see who’s been buried in Victoria. Some famous graves include, but are not limited to, Emily Carr, Sir James Douglas, Lady Amelia Douglas, James Dunsmuir and Lady Sarah Lindley Crease.
6) Check out some local shows! It’s that time of year again, not only are the flowers blooming but so are the local artists and actors! The Kaleidoscope Theatre is presenting a public presentation called Hana’s Suitcase about a little girls life in the Holocaust. The McPherson Theatre is also featuring a few different shows and entertainers in the next few months. For more information on the McPherson Theatre you an visit their website.
7) Enjoy the outdoors! Grab a book and a blanket and take a walk thru the park and sit under your favourite tree and just enjoy life. Or grab your yoga mat, Organic yoga Clothes and practice some new stretches amongst nature. Doesn’t matter what you do just enjoy the outdoors and the beauty around you.